Our featured designer, Maya Oren-Dahan, has created the most beautiful Summer Memories Journal using up bits of leftovers from past unKITs.
Here is what Maya tells us about her fun project:
What do you do with your most beautiful scraps? You know, the small and not so small pieces of your precious patterned paper and leftover embellishments? Not so long ago I was packing all leftovers carefully in a ziplock bag and saving for the future. I ended up with piles and piles of ziplock bags! No more! I am determined to use my scraps. After the project I am working on is done I am trying to make another layout or card. If it doesn’t work out the scraps are stored in my color drawers or tossed away.
I wanted to show you two project that I made using just bits and pieces of patterned paper and embellishments. Hope it will inspire you to dig into your scraps pile and make something!
Summer Memories Journal
1. Start with a plain journal (mine was from Target).
2. Select one or more coordinating pieces of patterned paper big enough for the cover and adhere it to the front and back cover. Open the front cover and cut off the excess paper using the craft knife. Sand the edges. Repeat for the back cover.
3. Adhere the pink butterfly mirror and stamp the title. Adhere the jewel arrow. Trim is desired (mine is trimmed)
3. Decorate the page dividers with patterned paper and vellum flowers. Mine dividers had pockets that I decorated. I will use them to store fun memorabilia that we will collect during the summer. I filled the last pocket with scraps of patterned paper and rub-ons to use inside the journal.
4. Decorate the first page and add the journaling. My journal will be used by my 2 daughters and myself to record our summer adventures. It already went with us to the 4th of July vacation along with the small box filled with journaling pens, colored pencils, adhesive and small scissors.
Maya is a very talented designer and beautiful lady. We are lucky to count her as one of our unKIT friends. Maya’s blog